Frequently Asked Questions
How do I pay for gymnastics classes?
An Annual Registration will be added for every child that attends classes at Mid Iowa. Your first tuition payment and the registration fee will run when you register using the form of payment that you selected for your automatic payments. All subsequent monthly tuition payments automatically run on the first of the month. A late fee of $25 will be added to your account on the 5th of the month if your account is not paid. We require two forms of payment to be entered into your member portal. The use of a bank checking account is highly encouraged, as you do not have to update the information as often due to account number changes and expiration dates.
What level of class should my child be in?
For all recreational classes, a student’s level is based on skills and not on age. If your child has little to no experience in gymnastics or tumbling, they will start in our Beginner level. Students should not move up to the next level until you are notified that they are ready to do so. For safety reasons, we cannot have students moving up to the next level until they have all the skills required and mastered to do so.
What should my child wear for class?
Can you explain how your ||sessions|| work?
Can we still join your classes after the session has started?
If we decide to end classes early, how much notice do you require?
A 30-day notice is required to and a class at Mid Iowa. Your tuition will be prorated to the date 30 days from the date you have given your notice. The requirement to provide us with a 30-day notice to drop a class will be waived due to injury with documentation from a doctor.
Are your coaches and instructors qualified to teach gymnastics or tumbling?
How many kids are in a class at one time?
The student to coach ratio is dependent upon the type of class. For 3 & 4 Year Old classes, all classes have no more than 5-7 students per an instructor enrolled at a time. For Beginner & Advanced Beginner classes, we limit class sizes to nine students per an instructor. Even with two instructors, these classes will never exceed more than 12 students per a class. For our upper level Intermediate & Advanced classes, up to 10-12 students may be enrolled at a time.
Can I stay to watch my child in their class?
Unfortunately, at this time we are asking that no spectators remain in our lobby during class time. Masks are required in our lobby and gymnast waiting for areas.
What precautions are you taking due to COVID?
For all students:
- Parents, please take your child’s temperature prior to arriving at the gym. Please do not bring your child to the gym if your child is sick in any way and if they have a fever of 100 degrees or above.
- Plan to bring a water bottle and backpack or sack to put their personal items in their own cubby. We are attempting to limit the use of our drinking fountain.
- Masks are required for anyone 2-years-old and older in the gym.
- All children will need to wash their hands when they arrive or use hand sanitizer (plan on bringing your own).
- Have your child use the bathroom prior to coming to the gym. We need to limit the use of the public restroom if possible.
- We will clean and disinfect equipment frequently.
- Students will use hand sanitizer once a class is over.
We will ask all coaches to take and record their temperature at the beginning of the shift. Also, we will ask them not to come in they have been in contact with anyone with any contagious disease. We will have cleaning stations throughout the gym. We will retrain coaches on safety guidelines and monitor all classes to make sure those guidelines are followed. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
Any questions? > > >